Boston Marathon 2008

Boston Marathon 2008
Coming thru Coolidge Corner Boston Marathon 2008!

Progress towards the Boston Marathon

  • Money raised: $6782.00
  • $ needed to reach goal: $1218.00
  • Miles run since December 1, 2008: 720
  • Longest run: 26.2 miles
  • Miles run last week: 17 + Marathon Monday = 43.2
  • Days until Boston Marathon: All done!

Monday, February 2, 2009

What do YOU listen to while you run?


One of my biggest problems with running alone is that I mostly enjoy running to music. However, I have three mixes that I rotate through and I quickly get very sick of the songs that I am listening to, but I can never think of what new songs to download off of the Internet to create a new play list.


This is where YOU come in to help me out. I am curious to know what other people listen to when they are running, lifting, working out at the gym - whatever. If you have specific artists or songs you recommend, please comment, and I will compile a list of good music to work out with and post the list on my blog. Maybe some other people have this same dilemma, so it will not only help me with my training, but could make your workouts more enjoyable as well.

3 comments:

  1. GirlTalk... obvi. I don't know why you even ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's convenient that you're on your way to pick me up at school right now, because that gives me time to comment while I wait!

    I like to mix it up between three things:
    1-JTimberlake, Kanye, Beyonce (basically anything I would like to dance to),
    2-less commercialized type of stuff that you don't always hear on the radio, like Wilco, Spoon, Tom Waits, Van Morrison
    3-oldies....really old R+B or soul, like Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, Al Greene, Ray Charles

    Maybe I'll make you a mix for your ipod!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's actually a bunch of 80s stuff that's great for working out. That's what my mother wanted me to put on her Shuffle for exercising. Otherwise, it's like Betsy said, anything that makes you want to dance, and just take out anything that's being played daily on the radio (unless it's a song you're not getting sick of). Best of luck! ~Anna

    ReplyDelete